Wednesday 23 December 2009

fiddling about...









One of the great benefits of plastics is the potential for conversions. I can recall past days of 'Military Modelling' magazine when obscure figures were created from basic Historex or Airfix plastics. Well, whilst not truly conversions, I have been fiddling about to slightly alter some figures to make them a tad more 'continental' in appearance. Using Duro putty I've added some scarves tied on helmets and a 'bend' to one figure, all to be painted in ducal colours. On others, using the excellent Osprey 'English Longbowmen' as my guide, I've added bags to the arrows that hang from the waist belts, some which were opened at both ends to enable easy access to the arrows. Some Burgundian longbowmen (probably English in Charles service), are shown in Schilling's Chronicles, carrying large semi-rigid arrow bags, so I've had a go at a couple of these - whilst they seem over-large they are roughly to size. This is the extent of my current skills with putty, so I'll probably do a few more along similiar lines, if they look Ok when painted up.
I also want to add plumes to the sallets on my Household Guard figures, but I'll wait and see if the Perrys do separate heads such as this, as they have said they plan to do.
Any other ideas to 'Burgundianise' the figures are warmly welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. AP State Board Syllabus Class 6 TextBooks PDF – Download Class 6 Andhra Pradesh Board School Books in PDF To kick start the exam preparation, one thing students should have with them is textbook or notes or study materials.AP 7th Class Books Books will help you more at the time of your exam preparation. One AP SCERT Book covers many of the exam resources like the latest AP state syllabus, Andhra Pradesh Board Model Question Papers, exam pattern, exemplar solutions, and review question list.

    ReplyDelete